(a) A Special General Body Meeting is called by the managing committee at any time during the year to discuss important matters/problems requiring the immediate attention of the general Body Meeting.
(b) Special General Body Meeting is also to be held if instructions to do so are received from the Registering Authority. Requisition meeting should be held within one month of the receipt of the letters.
(c) The members of the society desiring to discuss matters important to them can also demand a Special general Body meeting by giving a requisition letter to the Chairman/Secretary who should call a meeting of the managing committee to consider the letter. Such requisitioned Special General Body Meeting should be held within 30 days from the date of receipt of the letter.
(2) Agenda of special General Body Meeting
(a) The Special General Body Meeting called by the managing committee other than by requisition conducts the following business
(1) To read and confirm minutes of the last Special General Body Meeting, if any (if earlier special General Body Meeting minutes are already confirmed at the Annual General Body Meeting then this part of the agenda can be deleted. However it must be noted that minutes of the Annual General Body Meeting are not to be read and confirmed at the Special general Body meeting).
(2) To discuss important matters as decided by the managing committee.
(3) To discuss pending matters this could not be decided at the Annual General Body Meeting for want of complete information/report.
(4) To discuss the matters instructed by the Registering Authority in its letter/notice.
(b) The Special General Body Meeting will conduct the business as per the Agenda given in the requisition notice.
The Special General Body Meeting does not transact any business other than that mentioned in the notice of the meeting. The Special General Body Meeting is called by giving 5 clear days notice to the members. However, in case of emergency, as per Bye-law No. 100 the Special General Body meeting can be called at a shorter notice if the managing committee meeting unanimously decides so.